News From The Web

Sleep deprived consultant died after accidentally overdosing on Propofol

An experienced hospital consultant died from an accidental overdose after injecting himself with an anaesthetic he hoped would help him sleep, an inquest has heard.

Dr Michael Davies self-administered a fatal amount of the drug Propofol – the same drug which killed singer Michael Jackson – in a bid to counter sleeping problems in January.

The 43-year-old, an anaesthetist at Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton who had travelled to Hampshire to help with an operation, was later found dead by his mother-in-law.

Parish councillor Dr Davies had two sons, aged six and seven and died just four months before the birth of his third child.

Read more in the Daily Mail.

Bookmark and Share

Post a Comment

Enter this security code

Submit Comment for Moderation